Wednesday, February 24, 2016

To the dog owners who refuse to clean up their dog's shit.

Disclaimer: This post isn't about yoga. But as someone who loves dogs and sitting (and practicing yoga) on the grass on a pretty day, I figured I'm allowed the rant. 

 A dog is supposed to be like a family member. You love them, you cuddle with them, they love you back, they entertain you, and they are extremely loyal. Some people even refer to their dogs as their fur babies, and love them as their own children. So I ask you this: would you be okay with picking up the shit of someone else's child? 

I ask this because as I walk to my car every morning (I live in an apartment complex), I walk past beautiful landscaping filled with colorful shrubbery and trees and flowers and dog poop. Why is there dog poop? Because you walked your dog, let them shit and did not clean up after them. This makes me unnecessarily angry. Why would you think this is okay? It isn't fair to those of us who have to walk around and sometimes inadvertently walk into it! It also isn't fair to all of us who have to look at piles of poop that all over the place. If it is too difficult for you to clean up after your pet, or if you are simply refusing to do so, why on earth are you taking care of another life?  It doesn't magically disappear or dissolve into the earth when you walk away. You obviously care enough about your pet to take it out for a walk (or simply don't want it shitting in your house). Why not enough to clean up after it as your dog cannot do this for himself? 

I don't think it is asking for too much... just clean up after your pet. So simple. Don't we deal with enough caca in our everyday lives? Your neighbors thank you. Our shoes thank you. You dog thanks you. My dog thanks you. I thank you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment