Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Reflection: Within You

Sunday was our last community class for our extension program. I was paired with a different friend this time. Her and I worked pretty seamlessly together, I really enjoyed sharing a class with different people and seeing how each of our personalities impacts the class. My boyfriend flew in for the weekend, and I was pretty damn nervous about him taking class. This was the first time he actually witnessed me teaching. He also didn't know he would influence how I ended class that day. I have to say, I felt it went great. 

"Through yoga we are able to see what we are capable of, to see who we want to be, and see who we truly are. Someone close once said to me, 'You are stronger than you think you are.' Unknowingly, this became my personal mantra, in and out of the studio. Everything you could ever want or need in life is accessible to you because everything you are looking for already resides within you."

I still can't believe that I am a yoga teacher. Like, actually guiding fellow yogis in a class. A year ago, it was just something that I thought "would be cool" to do. Now I have the tools I need to be able to share my love for yoga with others. There is still so much to learn, so much to do. I feel like I've only hit the tip of the iceberg when it comes to this. But I can confidently say, "I am a yoga teacher". Maybe it was always there, inside of me, waiting for me to find it.  




No comments:

Post a Comment