Monday, September 28, 2015

Birthday Wishes

Adho Mukha Vrksasana, or Handstand. When I think of what the ultimate posture would be, it would be that. Every muscle in your body has to be used, every bit of energy has to be centered. You have to trust yourself enough to know you will not fall. This is what I want. This is what I will do. 

About a year ago, I could not hold a plank. Not even kidding. No upper body strength, whatsoever. Blow drying my damn hair was enough of a challenge. But I've been working on it, and it shows in my practice. Now that I have actually joined a studio and will begin my teacher training, I can only get better from here, right? 


Teacher training ends on December 16th. My birthday is December 20th. It may be overly ambitious, but that's what I want for my birthday. To make handstand mine. 




No comments:

Post a Comment