Monday, October 12, 2015

A New Family

Week one down! We spent the first day getting to know one another a little better. The older I get, the more introverted I become.  So I'm not usually a fan of  the "getting to know your neighbor" type of stuff. All the more reason to try something new, right? The only other person I know is my comadre, Tess, who is also taking this training with me. It's really nice to have someone there to share this with. But this time, I will be forever grateful for not only being able to hear all of their stories, but for what their stories gave me. It gave me reassurance that I was exactly where I needed to be. 

There are about 15 of us in the class, all women. Every single person has an amazing story to tell. Some with families, some here in San Diego all by themselves. One is grieving the loss of a child, while another is growing a little life inside of her. Each person from a different background, some even from different countries. No two people have the same story, or the same life. We are all so completely DIFFERENT. It's crazy how our entire group has very little in common other than that we are all taking this training together. Yoga led us here. And it unites us. 

For the remaining 9 weeks, I am going to be spending more time with these women than I will with anyone else. I will be sharing this journey with a group of passionate, strong individuals and it's pretty exciting. We are all part of the Reach Yoga family now.  


No comments:

Post a Comment