Monday, December 14, 2015

An Open Letter to the Reach Yoga Fall YTT Class of 2015

My fellow students: Christina, Margi, Tess, Kayla, Lauren, Mallory, Nika, Stephanie, Helene, Ariel, Yoli, Claudia, and Roberta,

Can you believe it? We did it! What a long and crazy road, huh? Each and every one of you did so well and I am so proud of you. To think we couldn't even speak in front of each other that first time! Now we can teach, baby! You have all worked so hard, and your dedication to this endeavor doesn't go unnoticed. The amount of change and progress we have made is amazing. I really am not looking forward to having this end! 

I am also not looking forward to having this end because it means that we won't be able to see one another the way we have been used to these couple of months. Pretty soon, we will all go back to our lives, some of will be moving away, getting new jobs, having babies (Lauren!), busy with their families and work... Although I'm pretty sure none of our lives will ever be the same after this. Even though I sincerely hope that we can all find a way to stay connected, I know that life has this way of being, well... life. But I will always be a phone call, text message, Instagram comment, Facebook message away. So don't think you're getting away from me that easily.

I told all of you how yoga has given me a home. Having moved so many times in the last few years and being away from my hometown and the people there hasn't always been easy. Many of you are very familiar with that. Yoga has given me a sense of belonging, a sense of comfort. In a crazy world, I always have a place of peace. And thanks to you, my home also has a family. It is the most amazing feeling to have a support system here. I am so grateful every time I see your beautiful faces, I truly am surrounded by genuinely good people. 

Please know that each and every single one of you has a special place in my heart, and I love you in a way that cannot simply be expressed in words. 

My Darling Comadre Tess,

If someone had told me that I would meet some feisty little Aussie who would come into my life like a tornado and I would be driving to Vegas at the last minute to be at your wedding and the godmother of your son and then we would become yoga teachers together, I would have laughed my ass off. Who knew that a chance meeting would take us here?? Thank you for lighting the fire under my bum that made me finally make the jump to San Diego. Thank you for encouraging me to do this and being my partner in crime. 

I am very proud of you, not only for yoga, but because you set your mind to things and do them! There isn't a thing you can't do! I am very blessed to have you in my life. 

The owner of Reach Yoga in Pacific Beach, Matt,

Thank you for giving so many people a place to share their love of yoga. You have a beautiful studio and have created an amazing community of people. A place I can call home. 

Our incredible YTT Leaders, Christina and Meganne,

Thank you. For sharing your wisdom, your time, your energy, and your souls with all of us. If it weren't for your passion and dedication, none of us would be here today. I have truly enjoyed this experience and look forward to what is still to come! 

In life, we all have those moments of uncertainty, where we might ask ourselves, "What am I doing here?" "What is my purpose?”. If you ever feel that way, think about this: You have changed my life in the most positive way. And the lives of many people. I am forever grateful and it was truly an honor to learn from you. 

The divine light in me truly sees, loves and honors the divine light in every single one of you. Namaste. 





No comments:

Post a Comment