Monday, February 1, 2016

#LoveYourChakras


Social media can be a real drag sometimes. Besides consuming a lot of your time and attention (guilty as charged), you're constantly bombarded by depressing news, overly photoshopped ideals, annoying spam, etc., etc. But something good about it is that you can connect with people you would have otherwise never encountered. You're able to find a common ground with people who share the same passions as you. Who encourage you. Most of my newsfeed is now full of other yogis and their beautiful photos. It's truly inspiring to see what some of these yogis can do. It's also great to see other yogis trying out new things and seeing their progress. A real popular thing on Instagram right now are yoga challenges. For those who don't know, it's one or two yogis hosting the challenge and they post a photo of a pose each day for others to join in. Most of the time, these challenges are sponsored, and a winner is chosen at the end of it for a prize. The great thing about it is that it's free, you get to see other's photos and you get to do yoga!

 Now that 31 Days of Handstands is over, I thought that instead of joining a challenge, I would start my own! So I asked my comadre, Tess, if she would like to help me and she was just as excited as I was! So we declared February to be #LoveYourChakras. A month dedicated to postures meant to balance and get in touch with the 7 points of energy, as well as to find love for body, mind and soul. Tess also volunteered to custom make a mala necklace for a randomly chosen winner! I'm really excited about this challenge and hoping that we have some yogis join us. We're both pretty new to this so we hope for a good month!

If you'd like to join, please follow @sidekickdoula and myself, @bbrownskinlady and find our flyer for the challenge details and rules. Yogis of all levels welcome!



No comments:

Post a Comment